LR4 wheel studs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on wheel studs? With my new setup I'm inclined to look for extended wheel studs or at least have extra wheel studs out on the trail.

With that said, the only info I have is that you can't buy them. The OEM pitch is M14x1.5, and the lug nuts is a combo conical angle is 60* at the end with a flat washer head. The ONLY replacement is to buy a complete wheel hub for replacing broken studs.

If anyone can give me the details on the studs, like knurl diameter, knurl length, UHL (under head length), overall length, etc... please let me know.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I popped one out to measure last time u had a wheel off.
f5d216d6b819d0f7e39b7a5d71f2cffb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't, sadly I discovered my micrometer to be dead when I tried to measure, which reminds me, I still need to buy a new one. They seem to be of typical diameter for a stud of that thread diameter though.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backing up 8-9+ months ago I replied on this forum about wheel stud replacements to another LR forum member. I mentioned Dorman, a common manufacture of high quality automotive parts. Your stud replacements check out Dorman;
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-autograde-m12-150-serrated-wheel-st. Check Advance or by contacting anyone who sells Dorman products.
Dorman has the exact studs for your LR.

My reply also involved wheel spacers, a totally different topic receiving a bad rap causing vibration problems, wheels out of balance. The good and bad about them I found even purchasing a quality spacer branded manufacture from a LR off road parts supplier. Found a cure fixing the vibration problems LR members mentioned with running wheel spacers. I run 30 mm wide wheel spacers now perfectly turbine smooth balance after research plus manufacturing parts correcting the flaws these wheel spacers have created.

Dorman studs are way cheaper than LR's replacement hubs or studs, I'd bet the same if not higher quality studs by LR with Dorman's replacement studs........~~=o&o>......

Last edited:

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't, sadly I discovered my micrometer to be dead when I tried to measure, which reminds me, I still need to buy a new one

Any mic, better yet manual mic having a Verner scale. Also a manual Verner Caliper will also never fail you. Next step down in durability a dial caliper reading in fractions of an inch (0.001") scale as well having one reading in metric or mm's, it's now a metric world. Dial calipers can also fail especially them "El Cheapo's" also known as "throw-aways". If you can't or do not want to read Verner's a dial caliper is the quick and easy way to go.
Into quality buy them one once dial calipers if you lucky finding an older (25+ year) Brown & Sharpe Swiss made in new condition with 360 degree needle sweep 0.100" scale vs most having 180 degree per 0.100" scale. Same with B & S's older (25+ year) metric dial calipers a buy it once lifetime tools taken properly care of.

Owning a "keeper" 25+ year LR requires one to have proper tools to machine special tools like dealerships have to maintain, rebuild and modify a LR yourself......~~=o&o>.....

Last edited:

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. I worked nights in a machine shop in college. My mic that died was a sweet brown and sharp digital unit. I have to admit it spoiled me :)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Mitutoyo Digimatic calipers which are considered the gold standard in engineering. But I don't usually use it for car stuff. I bought a couple of POS Harbor Freight digital ones for garage work. They are accurate enough for those purposes. If I really care bout absolute precision, I pull out the Mitutoyos.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Mitutoyo Digimatic calipers which are considered the gold standard in engineering. If I really care bout absolute precision, I pull out the Mitutoyos.

I beg to differ Quijote as the older Swiss made Brown & Sharpe have been the "gold standard" for over 60 years. Not owning or supporting modern day Brown & Sharpe calipers being farmed out to other countries still maintaining "Swiss Made" on their dials. We were issued Mitutoyo's back in the day (1972) working production in the machine shop manufacturing cardiograph machines, vacuum abortion machines, BBE glaucoma air puff probes. The companies monthly dial caliper replacements went down to 28% vs 63% replacements before when they issued us Helios calipers. Forget about them issuing Brown & Sharp calipers unless you brought your own. Sill have both B&S in Imperial and metric. Talking 47 trouble free years used almost daily with my personal machining projects says something about B&S's durability.
Several B&S calipers, Starrett and Helios vs the Vernier calipers I also use are all treated like my left and right nuts......~~=o&o>.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut