LR4 wiper adjustment

Discussion in 'LR4' started by msd401, May 25, 2019.

1. msd401

msd401 Member

Is there a way to adjust the wiper swing? My driver's side wiper has started to go to far left and started to 'click' on the edge of the windshield everytime and it's beyond annoying in the rain!

2. Ben Myton

Ben Myton Active Member

The wiper arm clamps onto the motor shaft with an bolt on the under side that can get loose.

You should be able to loosen it, adjust the position, then tighten it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msd401 likes this.
  3. nigelrover

nigelrover Member

I was having the same annoying problem with my LR4 wipers. My simple solution was to replace the existing left wiper blade with one an inch shorter. The annoying clicking is gone and I haven't noticed any perceptible difference in the area swept by the wipers.

4. ThinkGadget

ThinkGadget New Member

I have a 2010 with 140k and I was having the dreaded wiper clack on swing all the way to the left. I bought new arms from Eric R at Atlantic British and problem solved and the new arm springs ensure I get a much cleaner wipe.

5. ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger New Member

This↑. Been there and done it. 5-minute job. You'll need a small flathead screwdriver to pop the covers off the bolts. I'm sorry, I forget what size socket you'll need. But it's an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steven M Lambert likes this.