LR4 wiper adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msd401

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the wiper swing? My driver's side wiper has started to go to far left and started to 'click' on the edge of the windshield everytime and it's beyond annoying in the rain!

Ben Myton

Reaction score
The wiper arm clamps onto the motor shaft with an bolt on the under side that can get loose.

You should be able to loosen it, adjust the position, then tighten it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nigelrover

Reaction score
I was having the same annoying problem with my LR4 wipers. My simple solution was to replace the existing left wiper blade with one an inch shorter. The annoying clicking is gone and I haven't noticed any perceptible difference in the area swept by the wipers.

ThinkGadget

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with 140k and I was having the dreaded wiper clack on swing all the way to the left. I bought new arms from Eric R at Atlantic British and problem solved and the new arm springs ensure I get a much cleaner wipe.

ShadowRanger

Reaction score
The wiper arm clamps onto the motor shaft with an bolt on the under side that can get loose.

You should be able to loosen it, adjust the position, then tighten it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This↑. Been there and done it. 5-minute job. You'll need a small flathead screwdriver to pop the covers off the bolts. I'm sorry, I forget what size socket you'll need. But it's an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

msd401

Reaction score
Well to close this loop. I adjusted, LR dealer adjusted, we were able to fix the swing but the wiper still clicked every time(not fun on a cross country trip). Just orders and replaced the wiper arm for the return trip. (Install tip: Wd40 and rubber mallet) and No click. Dealer thought it probably got caught and bent in a car wash.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA