LR4 won't move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgtoeg

Reaction score
So I was driving home yesterday morning and heard a flunk. Right after the clunk my vehicle wasn't shifting properly. I was a couple blocks from home so I limped home and parked. Let it sit for a while before trying to figure out what's going on. Finally went out to check on it and it will not accelerate and it won't go into reverse. It shows Neutral twice and goes to drive and sport. I don't have a gap tool. Used a basic scanner and got a few codes. I did have a light on for transfer case solenoid which I was going to get done this week. Here are the other codes.

P2700
P2703
P2704
P0736

My Indy shop is closed this week. Going to another that a family member uses. Just wondered if anyone has had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see any codes/engine lights on the dash as you heard the clunk? I had a similar issue once when I went over a big bump and the battery terminal cable must've loosened when this happened, it threw a bunch of codes including the transmission, and the shifting got super weird as you mentioned, my guess was that the transmission computer got confused as there was a power issue while while driving and there was a conflict on the gear it was in, however this cleared up when resetting the codes using GAP.

rgtoeg

Reaction score
Only light prior was a transmission fault which was confirmed to be TC control module solenoid. I'm hoping it's what you experienced. Wish I had GAP to clear it and see if that works.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only light prior was a transmission fault which was confirmed to be TC control module solenoid. I'm hoping it's what you experienced. Wish I had GAP to clear it and see if that works.
Might not work but you could try disconnecting and reconnecting your battery.

rgtoeg

Reaction score
2011. I'm going to disconnect the battery in the morning. Just been trying to do research today.

rgtoeg

Reaction score
Disconnected and reconnected the battery and the issue is still there. I'm going to check the shifter cable in the morning. Hopefully that's the problem. Thank you so much. I'll keep everyone updated.

rgtoeg

Reaction score
So this morning I went out and messed around with the connection from the shifter to the transmission. It looks as if it is moving when changing from P,R,N,D. Not sure how much it's supposed to be moving. Just been reading threads and watching videos on YouTube. I ordered the repair kit from Atlantic British and it'll be here tomorrow. Hoping this is the problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA