LR4 Xenon Headlight Facelift (DRL Issue using GAP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbojangles

Reaction score
Hey I recently picked up a set of chinese knock off headlights off eBay... probably my first mistake.

Anyways I've used the GAP tool to enable Xenon headlights fitted (didn't have them on my 2010 just standard halogens) and I also enabled the DRL (but not the Canadian or Scandinavian). Right now the headlight DRL is very dim and they don't get brighter at any of the light switch positions.

Am I missing something?

Also noticed that the bottom of the light doesn't sit perfectly flush with the bumper like my original halogens, it sticks out like a 1/4". Planning on using the PowerfulUK filler strip with facelift grille.
IMG_7153.JPG

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the dimness. When I did this I went through the same steps as you and my DRL are pretty bright and get a little more dim depending on what setting my switch is on (can't remember right now which is which, but the PowerfulUK video goes through them).

Not sure about the fit, either. I think mine fit pretty flush. Make sure they are installed all the way.

How much were the Chinese knockoffs?

sbojangles

Reaction score
Yeah I've combed through the powerfulUK videos several times over with no luck unfortunately. One reply I got on facebook is they had to wire directly from 12v ACC power with OEM ones...

The knock offs were $1k

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The knockoffs look like euro-spec headlights. The outside is clear and not orange like the NAS headlights. Euro-spec is what I got. A lot of people prefer the beam pattern.

You can get Valeo-brand Euro-spec headlights (the OEM manufacturer) from the UK for about what you paid for those.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that include the ballasts and bulbs?

Yeah I've combed through the powerfulUK videos several times over with no luck unfortunately. One reply I got on facebook is they had to wire directly from 12v ACC power with OEM ones...

The knock offs were $1k

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have been much further ahead to but some quality driving lights like Baja Designs and a relay kit if better lighting is what you were after..

sbojangles

Reaction score
You would have been much further ahead to but some quality driving lights like Baja Designs and a relay kit if better lighting is what you were after..

All I'm on the hunt for at the moment is the signature strip.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at mine, and they do sit a little proud of the bumper, like yours.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut