Major Fluid Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whelp it has come to that that time.
Replaced all of the major fluids (Trans, Xfer Case, F/R diffs, Brake, and Coolant). Also did the filter conversion so future trans fluid changes will be much easier.
I had my local shop do it, just because of the logistic of disposing of the spent fluid.
While the fluid isn't cheap I went OEM (except coolant), as the additional cost seems like a justifiable insurance cost.
Total Cost = $1140 ($612 = Fluids/filter $528 = Labor)

I also found that my front LCA bushings has gone the way of Elvis. I went the Poly-Bush route.
I immediately went on a 1400 mile round trip journey from Maine to Maryland. The road feel is much better, but other than that I do not notice any significant increase in stiffness or ride harshness.
Total Cost = 750 ($150 = Alignment $600(special L8 price) = New Britpart LCA's with Poly Bush Bushings and new ball joint.
Since I replace the whole arm (much easier, since it was in my driveway :) )
I am going to refurbish the older arms and either keep them or sell them (if anyone is interested)

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission filter conversion? Is this the new transmission pan?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different Pan, and an actual separate filter, as opposed to a filter/pan combination.
It's a pain to install the filter/pan (remove exhaust and cross member, because of the filter neck) so you can source the filter and a pan separately, because the ZF trans are used in many different makes and models, just have to know where to look.

Atlantic British sells the whole kit, with either an OEM filter or an aftermarket filter.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
84300, a little overdue but... life and all got in the way.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So rather than the integrated pan/filter you now have an external filter and pan with no filter in it? Does the new pan now have a drain hole?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72