Mityvac...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen old threads with mixed reviews on whether or not the oil can be sucked out of the LR3's dipstick hole by a Mityvac or equivalent extraction system....has anyone successfully done this? By successful I mean all 8 quarts or close to it....Thanks in advance.

-Houm

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be handy. Especially for those with a full length skid

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That to, but not having to drop that 100 lbs of skid plate and lifting it back in place would be so worth it to me. It makes a 20 minute job a 1.5 hour job

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 lbs? *** skid plate you got up there, homie? I have the Rasta and it's nowhere near that heavy.

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the TerraFirma front skid and transfer case skid. It is one extremely long piece of 1/4 aluminium plate once bolted together.

I might be exaggerating the weight a bit but I use floor jacks to lift and hold it in place

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if it's one big piece I can see that. I have two Rasta skids that do the same job.

Now...anyone successfully use a vac??

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drain mine normally and replaced the washer maybe a year ago. Seems like it came with the oil filter though I am at the point that anything over six months I don't remember...

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it and no you can’t get all the oil out. The dipstick tube doesn’t enter the pan where you can get to the bottom of it. Also getting to the filter from the top side would be quite an ordeal.

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and looked the filter from the top is doable it would be a bit messy however.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72