Mph display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Attono

Reaction score
Hello all, new guy, first post here. Bought my wife a 2013 LR2 HSE on Saturday. I noted that when the units are set to metric, you get a nice digital display which shows KM/H in the center display, but when you switch to standard measurement, it just goes blank. I have done a little research and am led to believe that this is an option that is disabled at the factory.

I reached out to GAP and found that the IIDTool can and will turn this function on, but Lucky 8 tells me the IIDTool for the LR2 is $678. That's a little steep...

Has anybody found a better way to enable this display?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the LR4 / RRS platform (same issue) there is no other way... There are other diagnostic tools that can probably turn the display on, but not any cheaper than IIDTool. Dealers won't enable the display as it is supposed to stay off in North America. Why is that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Remember that IIDTool is a full-fledged diagnostic tool that does a lot more than enabling that display, though. It's an investment, but it normally pays for itself 10 times over in the long run, especially if you plan on keeping the car past its warranty period.

With the currently strong US Dollar, you may be able to do better than Lucky8 by shopping for the IIDTool from across the pond. Here is an example from a known UK supplier: http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/da6419-freelander-gap11d-tool-p-33111.html - That works out to about $500 or so. The tool is so small and light, shipping fees are normally a non-issue.

Attono

Reaction score
Thank you! I had come to the same conclusion. I sent notes to both Island 4x4 and LR Direct asking about the right part number, but neither seems to want to respond. We'll see if Gap Diagnostics wants to respond.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA