Multiple Fault Codes From RSW solutions 4DSCAN Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My LR4 has 95000 miles and it doesn't have the check engine light on, however upon connecting my scan tool from RSW, it pulled a few codes from the engine. Does anyone have some insight on these codes? I did a general search on google and it appears it could be anything from an exhaust leak, cat failure, or contaminated oil? I'm not sure if one issue is trigging the other codes as well. I did remove the center muffler, mid resonator, and two back resonators roughly 2 years ago and replaced it with 2 Magnaflow mufflers. I haven't had any issues until the codes came up until recently. The car idles, drives, and performs normally MPG wise as well.

Thanks all

lr4 fault codes.jpeg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are descriptions. The actual codes will help you better. especially, when looking at LR specific TSBs, or Topix files.

Looks like bank 2 (passenger side's) second O2 sensor is going.

The catalyst efficiency code on bank one refers to the sensor after the cat. Normally, you see that code when a high flow cat is installed; or when the cat is failing.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are descriptions. The actual codes will help you better. especially, when looking at LR specific TSBs, or Topix files.

Looks like bank 2 (passenger side's) second O2 sensor is going.

The catalyst efficiency code on bank one refers to the sensor after the cat. Normally, you see that code when a high flow cat is installed; or when the cat is failing.

Yeah you’re right about the o2 sensor and cat related codes. The others i narrowed down to a failing MAP sensor and the charcoal canister in the EVAP system. It’s kind of weird that all of these things are occurring at the same time. The MAP sensor failure i guess kind of correlates with the o2 and cats? If the failing MAP sends the truck running overly rich that can damage the o2 sensor and cat i’m thinking....? I did a reset using the tool but the reset failed. I just disconnected the battery and ill see what eventually comes back....

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes these things just go, and you could be right-on with causality between the map and exhaust components.

The electrical / control systems are finicky, and sometimes have a cascading effect. I would Google all of the codes at once and see if there is a fault that causes the majority of the codes.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleared the codes last night and went on a 400 mile roundtrip today from NYC to Delaware. I'm pretty sure i did a few drive cycles and the systems should be "ready". I checked for codes a moment ago and all clear. Please wish me luck lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut