Multiple System Fault Code then Key Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Diana

Reaction score
My joy at finding a used LR4 HSE silver turned into pain one week after driving off the lot. While driving the car began announcing fault codes left and right(Tire Pressure monitoring system fault, camera system fault, etc.) The camera turned off as well as much of the dash board controls. Once I came to a stop I turned the car off thinking to restart it and possibly reset the system. It then would not recognize the key and I was stuck having to have a car towed to the service department. After getting it to the service department they claim they cannot re-create the scenario nothing appears to be wrong with the car and they asked me to come pick it up. Decided to drive it over the weekend and of course had the same issue happen again, only this time it didn’t lock me out but the system gave same system faults and controls stopped working in the car, camera, sound system, vents, etc. shop that I took it to said they had tested the battery and it was at 87%. Any other thoughts? I’m scared of paying a shop to endless troubleshoot. Both times I have had issues it has been raining BTW. Not sure if this is an easy fix or I should get out now? I really love this car.

D709462F-8092-4D24-A8B0-552B2A02B6A0.jpeg

8DC7FBEB-0EAD-4B36-84FF-5055B89D6AD8.jpeg

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d bet money it’s that
I'm almost positive as well. These cars have a panic attack when the battery ***** out.

My friends LR3 sat all summer and we came back to a very very dead battery, jumped it, and the car was not pleased. Every single system had an issues. Engine, transmission, air suspension, airbags, and more.

1Diana

Reaction score
Thank you so much for that feedback. It’s back at the shop, and I actually took some videos of it happening to show them. They did say the battery was at 87% but when I get the car back and they tell me again that they can’t”recreate the issue” I will look at the date stamp. I can’t help but worry about the correlation between the issue and the rain, considering I live in Oregon.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like others have stated above, my first thought is that the battery is low/old/bad.

These trucks like fresh, high quality/premium, well-charged batteries like none other.

Let us know what happens. :)

SkyTree

ps - if you haven't already, look into purchasing a GAP IID Tool (Bluetooth). This tool allows you to see codes, failures, detailed info, and enables you to reset and even reprogram things, if need be.
With it, you can do pretty much the same troubleshooting on your own vs having a dealership/indy mechanic charge you to do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1Diana

Reaction score
I'm almost positive as well. These cars have a panic attack when the battery ***** out.

My friends LR3 sat all summer and we came back to a very very dead battery, jumped it, and the car was not pleased. Every single system had an issues. Engine, transmission, air suspension, airbags, and more.

1Diana

Reaction score
Hey, Thanks again for those of you to reply. Got the call back in the shop today and finally, with the help of my video, tracked down a corroded module that controls the keyless entry, as well as the other accessories that were affected. They ordered a new module from LR, and will install later this week at their expense. Considering that I had bought the car a week before the issue reared it’s head, I am pleased. Hopefully a happy ending and I hope this helps someone else out there! I did see another you tube video where a corroded module was the culprit.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your service department was able to find the problem. When you have a chance, please let us know which module went bad - maybe post the part number when you get the invoice back from the dealer. It might help some of us track down similar problems in the future. And I second SkyTree’s recommendation to buy the GAP IID tool. When you have a problem in the future, you can pull the codes using the tool and post them up on the forum - plenty of people here willing to help figure it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut