My rover won’t start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40392717-D0BB-4BF4-86A4-044201597A03.jpeg

:laugh: I do this more often then I’d care to admit.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least you get music instead of engine noise. I've done the opposite...turn off the radio and leave the LR4 running.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you have a worn Engine Start Stop button. Look, you can't even read it anymore "ST...E...OP". Get a new button for Chrissake, do I have to think of everything around here? ;)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived with a worn start/stop button for far longer than I care to admit. Finally replaced it last week once I saw how easy it was to do.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you have a worn Engine Start Stop button. Look, you can't even read it anymore "ST...E...OP". Get a new button for Chrissake, do I have to think of everything around here? ;)
Ha! :D I bought it with 50K miles already on it, and have been meaning to replace that button. Looks like one of the easiest do it yourself jobs out there. I keep forgetting.

Although now I'm considering putting a "DON'T PANIC" sticker over it. Elon Musk style! (from "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy")

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...And one look at the clock tells me you are LATE to work! You better push the STEOP button and get moving..

Mike

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of my bonehead move turning the "radio" off on the highway at around 60mph. For those curious with the SCV6, shutting the engine off at speed results in the transmission shifting itself into N as the selector retracts. I started back up and put it back into D with no issue other than a few beads of sweat forming.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todd, It boggles my mind how you could ever accidentally do that, ESPECIALLY with your left hand!

Saltyfly

Reaction score

What is the process for removing it? Mine is worn out as well. I’m thinking about replacing mine with an Evoque button (if it fits). My wife has an Evoque, and I much prefer her start button over my LR4. It is concaved instead of convexed and has a much nicer feal...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Takes a whole 30 seconds to swap it. Use a skinny tool of some sort - a small plastic scraper would be ideal, although I used the corner of a metal one and it was just as easy, you just need to be a bit more careful not to damage the vinyl material around the bezel with a metal tool - as a lever to pry the button out of its socket in the dash. The soft rubbery surface surrounding the bezel of the button will yield just enough to allow you to slide the edge of the tool under the button's bezel (start from the bottom, it pops off real easy) and pry it out with no drama. Then, just move the electrical connector from old to new button and pop it back in the dash. You don't even need to disconnect the battery. Here is a good, quick tutorial:

The Evoque button appears to sit more recessed in the dash and I am guessing it would not be compatible with the lr4's socket, but if you want to try it out let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut