Mysterious Hose to Nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Trying to inspect my cruise control hoses and I found this plastic hose. It traces to below my left front tire. Anyone know what it is?

S

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0829.jpeg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like something someone just put there. I don't think it has a purpose. A/C drains are under the vehicle at the transmission tunnel.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like something someone just put there. I don't think it has a purpose. A/C drains are under the vehicle at the transmission tunnel.

Well it also appears to START up top under the hood and the poster couldn't be bothered to show where it actually does start underneath LOL. Maybe a diff breather?

JangoSW

Reaction score
I'll try to get under the car, but the wire(?) looks like it connects behind the front wheel. It thought someone might have a wiring schematic behind that tire. It was obviously cut or dislocated in the engine area and stuck in the holder.

Just be be clear, I highlighted the wire and circled the OEM factory zip tie.

IMG_0835.jpeg

JangoSW

Reaction score
If anyone could do me a favor and look under their left front tire, I’d really appreciate it.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone could do me a favor and look under their left front tire, I’d really appreciate it.

I don't have my disco II here but I could look under a disco 1.

Actually, post it on the FB group land rover owners north america". that'll get the most d2 folks in shortest time

JangoSW

Reaction score
To close this out. I brought my car to my mechanic do fix a hose leak. This hose to nowhere is the differential vent which attaches to the front driver wheel diff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA