Navigation Screen Will Not Come On?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I just ran an errand in my LR4 (2011, just hit 1,000 miles) and the volume went out. I could not get it to turn back on, even though it looked like the radio would change stations just fine. When I got home, I turned it off and then turned it back on and now the navigation screen will not turn on at all. Usually, when you open the door, the Land Rover screen comes up, but it will not. I keep trying to turn it "on", but nothing will come on the screen.

Has anyone had this happen before? How do you fix it? Everything else seems to be working fine. I am not happy about this issue! Thanks!

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remove the hot wire from the battery for a minute and then reconnect and try again.....it will reset the computetr

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am going to try it again and then maybe reset it via the battery. Though, I am a bit nervous to be playing around with that stuff. It's just frustrating that this would happen to a basically brand new LR4. I will keep everyone posted.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am going to try it again and then maybe reset it via the battery. Though, I am a bit nervous to be playing around with that stuff. It's just frustrating that this would happen to a basically brand new LR4. I will keep everyone posted.

All modern day software is buggy......there will be another update at some point

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel pretty lucky that I haven't had any of the software bugs. There must be a specific use case that triggers it. Don't feel bad, this happened on a few of my past bimmers. If it doesn't go away you'll have to bring it in. Which might be a blessing since you probably will get latest software updates and can get that odd steering thing you described looked at. I've also been meaning to get back to you with tips on upgrading your bulbs. I'll try and do that tomorrow, it's been a busy weekend with the family.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All modern day software is buggy......there will be another update at some point
That's true! Actually, I went back outside a little while after I posted the message, started it up, and the screen works perfectly fine. I am going to watch it a bit and if it keeps going then I will bring it to the Land Rover dealership. Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel pretty lucky that I haven't had any of the software bugs. There must be a specific use case that triggers it. Don't feel bad, this happened on a few of my past bimmers. If it doesn't go away you'll have to bring it in. Which might be a blessing since you probably will get latest software updates and can get that odd steering thing you described looked at. I've also been meaning to get back to you with tips on upgrading your bulbs. I'll try and do that tomorrow, it's been a busy weekend with the family.
Hey Count,

No worries at all about not getting back to me. The new bulbs were supposed to be delivered today, but they needed a signature and I missed the postman. So, I won't be able to pick them up from the post office until Monday afternoon. I'm probably going to change the bulbs next weekend, so any hints would be greatly appreciated. I have the manual and saw a few videos, so it looks pretty easy. I think I am most nervous about breaking any factory seals - especially the waterproof cap over the bulb housing itself.

About the navigation screen, the software was upgraded just about 3 weeks ago as I received a service bulletin and brought it into Land Rover of Redwood City. As I told suvowner above, a few minutes after I posted my post, I went back outside, started the LR4, and it worked perfect. Oh well, I will watch it and see if there are any trends, etc. I drove the truck for a bit today, highway, etc. and there was no steering wheel noise / feeling.

Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72