Need a few pieces for the factory roof rails.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a set of OEM roof rails off eBay. They were pulled off another LR so naturally I assumed all the bolts and pieces would be there. Well, they’re not. I know Atlantic british sells that bolt hardware kit but what I’m missing are the little plastic bolt covers that pop into the holes afterward and those dont appear to be included. Are they purchasable separate? Are they even necessary?

Additionally, one point of note. I’ve watched the YouTube video of the powerfulukltd guys installing their set numerous times and something stood out to me. If you look closely, the spacers they are using on the bolts or substantially thicker than the ones provided with the Atlantic British kit. What’s up with that? All the stories of people cracking sunroofs has petrified me of this job so I want to make sure everything is the correct part.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap *** set from eBay and the spacers were smaller as well. That wasn’t an issue. Everything else was and I regretted buying cheap ones as the bolt holes were off and needed to be drilled out.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Just make sure it doesn't touch the panoramic glass and you should be fine. I had a small nick on it that spidered across the entire roof and had to get it replaced. On that note, change your insurance policy to a $100 deductible. It seriously cost and additional $20 to the 6 mo policy.

I have the FRO rack, so I can't really help you on that aspect.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure it doesn't touch the panoramic glass and you should be fine. I had a small nick on it that spidered across the entire roof and had to get it replaced. On that note, change your insurance policy to a $100 deductible. It seriously cost and additional $20 to the 6 mo policy.

I have the FRO rack, so I can't really help you on that aspect.
Already ahead of you on that one lol. Got burned with replacing a windshield on one of my other vehicles so had them quote me for a $0 deductible and it was so negligible I wondered why I hadn’t had it all along.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA