1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a part number for a trim clip

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by 5Xdriver, Apr 12, 2021.

1. 5Xdriver

5Xdriver Member

2017 Discovery. Clips that hold the trim on the passenger side of dashboar. One dealer said I needed to buy the whole trim piece for about 240 dollars. The other dealer I went to couldn’t find the clips either. He gave me some Jaguar clips but they were not the correct. I figured someone on here would know where to get them. InkedIMG_3756_LI.jpg IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

ar077 likes this.
  2. ar077

ar077 Full Access Member

You'll probably have to order them directly from the UK (or Slovakia) if Corporate is willing to sell them. You should be able to get a POC from Land Rover USA. If I were in your position I'd bite the bullet and buy a new panel while continuing efforts to get the proper clips for the original panel (thus ending up with a spare panel). What was the reason for removing that panel?

I like your floor mats. Who makes them?

And I see you're into .45 ACP weaponry. I just picked up an FNX-45 at the Nellis AFB Exchange (15-round magazines--not available in CA).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. 5Xdriver

5Xdriver Member

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep trying. The floor mats are made by Weather Tech.

I like the 1911’s. I have shot and owned all different types, but I always go back to the 1911. I’m glad I reload or I wouldn’t be able to get to the range.

4. ar077

ar077 Full Access Member

I thought your mats looked like the same WeatherTechs that I have but I don't have the carpet inlays. Are those just OEM Discovery carpet mats that you've attached on top of the WeatherTechs?

5. 5Xdriver

5Xdriver Member

I ordered them like that from Weather Tech.