New 2012 LR4 HSE Lux owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Picked up a new to me LR4. She was babied by her previous owners as an on-road only wagon. Got all the various weather, comfort, and vision packages. Including the center console cooler. However, the original headphones are long since gone. It’s my first Land Rover. Coming from a well lifted/modified JKU Rubicon. Just found I wasn’t rock crawling any more. And, wanted something with a bit more comfort.

Intentions are to turn her into a light trail rig in the following order;

1) GAP BT diagnostic, ordering next week.
2) underbelly protection; saw a few options, need to research.
3) find a full size 19” wheel for a spare. Research says it should fit, right?
4) new tires. Swapping out the street tires for some more dirt friendly options.
5) roof rails. Unfortunately, mine came without - scouring the eBay for some. Can’t decide between long or short.

That’ll be a start before I move on to the more purpose upgrades in the long term.
6) Johnson rods. Leaning towards the 1.5 vice the 2.5. Thoughts?
7) CompMotive 18” wheels. I just really like them. & tires, probably 32”s
8) ARB compressor and locking rear diff (yes, mine is without - however, I did find a base 2013 LR4 with the HD package in SoCal if anyone is looking).
9) front bumper protection. Thinking ARB or similar.
10) roof rack.

Does anyone have the in-truck rack that fits between the back two “ohh ****” handles? I’m having a hard time figuring out who makes those (or even what to search). And, how does it affect the 3rd row passengers?

I’m sure 90% of the above is covered in various threads and I’m comfortable using my google-fu. But, I welcome any advice or pointers. I’m moderately mechanically inclined and will be able to do some of the routine stuff. I’ve also been researching LR shops down here in San Diego.

Scott

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Upgrades are up to you at the end of the day, but for the cost of Johnson Rods, I sell just as good a product at way less of a price. Most of these questions are better asked in the LR4 section.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72