New 2018 Disco 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came from an LR4 to an FPace and now back to Disco 5. It is almost like a love child of the LR4 and FPace.

Loaded up HSE Lux. Love it. Feels like coming back home...

befucp.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

First reaction is.. wow, sharp.

But after looking at it for a few minutes, I get this feeling like you put plastic in a microwave for a little too long and it started to melt and warp.

Hrm... they are still growing on me, but even when you hide every possible line with black it still has issues IMO.

I'm sure it will be really nice to drive though.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The darker colors look better. And they look better in person. I hated them and then they started growing on me .

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely HATED the rear of the LR3 when I first got it. I liked the whole truck then felt like they just phoned in the tailgate. Then I began to absolutely love it for it's uniqueness. So maybe this will grow on me too. The darker colors definitely look better. Keep us posted on your thoughts about it!

Kbutler1

Reaction score
I've come to not hate the new design. It's far different than the LR4 and that I think turned so many people off.
I do think that with some more aggressive tires and some aftermarket parts, it could look really cool.

Congrats on the D5!

Last edited:

shakazulu12

Reaction score
From seeing them around in greater numbers now, I've found that there are simply some color combinations that don't work with the new shape. The one the OP posted looks fantastic to me though.

horns

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new ride. Quality ride for sure. Looks still haven't grown on me, but I am trying to like them. Not here to bash. I have noticed a lot of comments about the truck "growing" on them. To me it is sort of like a Rolex watch. When I see one on someone's wrist, I don't have to like the style to appreciate it for what it is. I know its quality; that time, energy and hard work was put in to it. I'm sure it provides a rewarding drive too.
enjoy! while the rest of us "struggle" with deciding if we like it or not.

GuyMadison

Reaction score
I never figured out the black on black theme... my neighbor just bought a new truck and did the same, I said why be like everyone else? Contrast in colour can really bring out the styling and design of car, why give it up?

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is black on gray. The bright piece on the dark look out of place to me - not contrasting. Like the dark cars that put a chrome gas filler door. I could have gone either way on wheels but black is what they had on it.

DoctaX

Reaction score
While the line between the LR 5 and Ford Explorer is even more blurred with this new offering, it complies with the popular thinking of the present day SUV buyer. While I am a huge fan of the boxy multi roof grade LRs and discos let's not forget the volvos of old and that radical transition. Given time I'm sure we will grow to love the new, albeit mainstream design.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi