New Discovery Sport with 5+2 seating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a reminder, this is the compact car that will replace the much cheaper LR2, not the LR4. A $35-40K (my guess) small SUV capable of carrying 7 people and of going off road while using little gas may appeal more than the current car, or the competition (GLK, X3, etc.) The design is bland, yeah. So is the LR2's, and most of the small SUVs in this class.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be a fantastic entry point into the brand.
I don't see anything wrong with it but then again I like the Evoque so...

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like what I see so far.
And if the price is indeed around 40k that could do well for LR as that's a popular mid-size SUV price point for consumers.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Explorer? Looks more like a Ford Edge... And if it is a replacement to the LR2/Freelander, a almost fully Edge Sport AWD is about $42K MSRP.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not one who is all that concerned about how it looks. Given that it is the LR2 replacement, the 7 seats (if done well) would be a step up for a lot of people. But I would want to know more about all the other capabilities before I judge it. To me it is about what it does more than how it looks. Engines, drive train, suspension, interior space/storage/comfort/flexibility, tech options, driver features, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut