New guy here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilberto Chavez

Reaction score
I need help on the remote key for my 2017 LR Range Rover Sport
New remote key from dealers are very expensive plus programming, if we have a used one can be programmed? and will work properly?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. In order to program the key you need the $10,000 computer that plugs into the Rover. You may find a specialty shop that has one near you, or just buy the key and pay the dealer to program it. Just remember if they key is bad it will not program and you still pay.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order to program the key you need the $10,000 computer that plugs into the Rove
Hmm..? Buying the key and paying the dealer to program might be an easy route, but I just programmed a new remote fob for my 16 LR4 using my GAP IID tool ($428 on sale) and a OEM fob I purchased on eBay ($100). Granted, you have to want the IID tool, otherwise the one time dealer deal miiiight be cheaper?
Some stealers won't even mess with a key that you bring to them.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Will the GAP IID tool program keys? I wasn't aware that they would.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. It worked well and was easy once I purchased a new OEM remote key/fob. Initially I tried using a nock-off version purchased off Amazon for $50, it would not program.
I still have to get the backup hard key blank cut by a locksmith, but I haven't bothered with that yet- I have the one original which seems good enough.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA