New LR3 owner with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brendenv

Reaction score
I've had my 06 LR3 V8 for a few months now and am now starting to modify it. I took it to a shop to have exhaust work done to it and noticed there was differential fluid coming out of the rear passenger side axle shaft seal. I've replaced axle shaft seals on a Dana axle before and it was fairly straight forward. Has anyone done this with a Land Rover?

Also I'm trying to decide whether to have the #8 resonator cut out and straight piped or the muffler before the resonator. There are only a few videos out there of the resonator removed so it's hard to choose from that. I saw bushways videos and I'm thinking that'll be too loud for the police in my area.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

colb45

Reaction score
I cut out my front muffle of the two big ones underneath, Very happy with how it turned out now it doesnt sound like a minivan anymore.

Sounds good when you put your foot in it but doesnt drone on the highway.

Overall happy with it and I went this route cause I 4x4 with mine so I was not going to drop a grand on an exhaust setup that will most likely get bent or damaged

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if those seals are serviceable, please let us know how you make out.

I cut off my tailpipes just in front of the rear axle for additional off road clearance. I also like the 5% louder exhaust sound, but I can only hear it with the windows down. No body else ever notices.

DSCF0007.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72