New LR4 Owner in Kansas City

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian K

Reaction score
I recently started shopping for a new dog-hauler and occasional motorcycle trailer puller. The hunt initially focused on an older Jeep Wrangler, and while I do intend to do some off-road play, I have a hard time getting over the price tag on those early 2000's Wranglers when I look at the interior amenities (or lack there of). Enter the LR4. For about the same price of a 10 year older Wrangler I ended up with a 120k mile 2010 LR4 HSE Lux that looks nearly new from a body and interior perspective.

Now...I did receive a "Charge System Fault" within 30 minutes of writing the check to the dealer. (Welcome to JLR ownership? o_O) It's currently in the shop for new valve cover gaskets (leak on right side appears to have contributed to alt. failure), new alternator, and a general health check. Given everything I've read on this forum so far, we're also going ahead and doing new cross-over plumbing and pressure testing the cooling system after that. Hopefully I will then get to enjoy a couple years of issue free cruising! All totaled, I should still be under $13k invested in what I hope proves to be a fun weekend toy (hoping to squeeze in an overlanding/camping trip before years end) and dog taxi. :)

Given the rapid turn of events that led us to the shop, I don't have any great photos...but here's a few!

IMG_20200610_164039_MP.jpg

IMG_20200611_174546_MP.jpg

MVIMG_20200613_144644.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking rover. Hope things work out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA