New LR4 owner- Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin

Reaction score
Hello,
We purchased a used 2014 LR4 HSE LUX over the weekend. My wife has been wanting one for years, so we finally decided to jump in when the right deal came along. I'm a little older and in my previous career I was in the automotive business so I can take care of most things on my own or with my son's help.
I haven't had a vehicle this used in a long while so it will be interesting, definitely scared to own this thing hopefully it's not as bad as their reputation. I will say we've been driving it around the last few days and I love it!
Downloaded the manual, purchased the normal service items to start fresh and I will be reading all the threads to get familiar on what to watch out for.

roverlen

Reaction score
You will love driving the LR4, it is a really a long trip highway machine. Quiet riding and comfortable. I've had a LR3 for 15 years and still love it. However, there are the usual problems that crop up during ownership. That being the Air Compressor for levelling. Depending on manufacturer, I've had a broken crankshaft on it and one with burnt windings. The steering extension shaft in engine compartment , a seized universal joint. The only other problem is the Air Compressor tank under drivers door. It is subject to salty road spray at leading edge and it has a small rusted hole which leaks air. Clamped rubber sheet with Jubilee clamp for time being until removed and repaired properly. The engine is as smooth as silk since I change the oil religiously with synthetic oil every 8K kilometres with appropriate filter. Really depending on where you live and road conditions, salt is the nemisis of every old vehicle. Maybe do some preventable maintenance now such as a look underneath and spray some undercoating on susceptible parts like brake lines. Enjoy the ride .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA