New LR4 - Questions - ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
I was interested in turning on the daytime running lamps (DRL) does anyone know how to do this? What about a front license plate bracket? I live in VA and unfortunately have to have a front plate - but there is no where to put one - the dealer was like just drill some holes ???

So I read there is no oil drain plug then I read there was - what is the story.

Thanks -

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daytime running lights have to be turned on by the dealer.

Unfortunately, holes are drilled in the front bumper for front plate installation.

The oil is suctioned out through a tube inside the oil filler assembly. Take your oil cap off and you will see the small tube.

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your plates are the same size as UK ones but you could be a nice surround?.

Didnt know you guys could only run the rear ones!

nolift911

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - the dealer gave me some bs abouthow the car is not equiped with DRL's and it required a module and a lengthy service visit - in other words he wanted to charge me after I bought a 60k car from him - thats service?

Does anyone know the procedure to turn on the DRL's so I can spoon feed it to the dealer?

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my LR3, I actually just stuck the license plate in the front window (on the passenger side). I don't know how legal it is, but I haven't had any problems.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your plates are the same size as UK ones but you could be a nice surround?.

Didnt know you guys could only run the rear ones!
Different size license plates in the US compared to UK.

The front plate requirement varies by state. Most states require both, but some do not.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - the dealer gave me some bs abouthow the car is not equiped with DRL's and it required a module and a lengthy service visit - in other words he wanted to charge me after I bought a 60k car from him - thats service?

Does anyone know the procedure to turn on the DRL's so I can spoon feed it to the dealer?
Are you talking to the service advisor or to a sales person? They service staff should know this stuff.

nolift911

Reaction score
Spoke to both (I know the sales guys know nothing) The head tech just shrugged his shoulders and said that was not really legal to do since I do not live in Canada - and he did not know how to do it, but here is the thing I drive in Canada alot with family for extended periods so it is a useful feature, hence the need - I had it done on my 01 Disco - service people were great.

I chose a poor dealership to deal with - is the bottom line.

I mean how hard is this really - soured my experience from the beginning.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the option to enable either Canadian or Scandinavian DRLs was removed from the "official" diagnostics software available to the network of US dealers (IDS, now SDD) some time in 2008 or 2009 with a software patch. The option is still visible on the IDS screen, but if the VIN entered corresponds to a car sold on the US market it becomes grayed out and cannot be selected. Dealers may be unable to turn DRLs on for real, even if you pay them for their time. You could try a Canadian dealer next time you are traveling up there... :wink:

nolift911

Reaction score
My understanding is that the option to enable either Canadian or Scandinavian DRLs was removed from the "official" diagnostics software available to the network of US dealers (IDS, now SDD) some time in 2008 or 2009 with a software patch. The option is still visible on the IDS screen, but if the VIN entered corresponds to a car sold on the US market it becomes grayed out and cannot be selected. Dealers may be unable to turn DRLs on for real, even if you pay them for their time. You could try a Canadian dealer next time you are traveling up there... :wink:

So if you use the old software will it work then?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi