New member - 2005 LR3 SE Mechanic Special - Boise, ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgarza

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently got bit by the overlanding bug and bought a cheap LR3 sight unseen to have some fun with. I’ve named him Boris.

This is my first Land Rover after having owned predominantly Volvo’s over the years.

Currently the transmission is inoperable and so far it appears that it was really low on fluid. I plan on replacing all the seals and solenoids, no metal bits in the pan. Fingers crossed that’s all it is!

I plan to document my fixes and builds. You can follow my journey with Boris here: https://www.instagram.com/discoboris/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, transmission issue can also be electrical as well. Hope you got it cheap. I just passed on an LR3 that needed a new roof glass, I could have bought it for less than $3,000.

tgarza

Reaction score
I got it for $4k shipped to me. Got the job done and the trans seems to be working well! It goes forward and backward now! Only 3 quarts came out and I put 8 in and it still wants more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV