New rear hatch shocks? Preferably better than OEM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any better than stock rear hatch shocks? I'm sick of smashing my skull into the hatch as it slowly creeps down after opening it in the colder months. I'm already on borrowed neurons. I trust this forums opinion better than LR.

Cheers
Mike

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of Maxpow struts after adding an aftermarket ladder ($20 on AMZ but “currently unavailable”). They have performed well for over a year and in all seasons/temps.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think anything would beat stock OEM struts honestly. They do age after about 10 years naturally.
That would be awesome if they actually lasted 30% of that time. We are talking about the rear hatch shocks right (not suspension)? My OEM started failing after 3 years.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of Maxpow struts after adding an aftermarket ladder ($20 on AMZ but “currently unavailable”). They have performed well for over a year and in all seasons/temps.
I'll have to put those on an alert. Pretty much everything is out of stock. The bullwhip effect on the supply chain from COVID is going to take a few years to straighten out.

Phil-C

Reaction score
I got the Strong Arm lift struts from Amazon. Worked great on my Lexus lx470.
When my LR4 struts get tired, I’ll use the same same brand.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Strong Arm lift struts from Amazon. Worked great on my Lexus lx470.
When my LR4 struts get tired, I’ll use the same same brand.
Just put those on my lr4. Work amazingly well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA