New spare tire swing-out option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bumblefk

Reaction score
I wanted to relocate my spare tire to the rear of my 2015 LR4. After a week of looking at the usual options, and realizing the cost would be north of $1200, I decided to change tactics. I started looking at hitch swing mounts. Same problem quite expensive. I then gave jeep stuff (tons of options) a peek and saw the huge variety of fabrication shops for Jeep accessories. (couldn't find any fab shops for lr4). Stumbled upon a site called 6 Monkeys Offroad and they offer a hitch swing $775.

Daniel the owner said he could make one for the LR4 no problem. Gave him a bunch of measurements and 2 weeks later I am rocking this!! Here is a video off their website. This thing is solid and well-built with a smooth swing action. Highly impressed, and best of all no bumper modification. Also has a built in hitch reciever so you can still pull a trailer.

If you decide to go this route, be sure to purchase the wheel spacer if you have a deep offset like mine. And if you have 20" rims or bigger, he can alter the wheel spacer so the tire sits an inch lower that way the glass hatch will clear when opening.

Thing is BADASS

Attachments

• IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2563.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 190

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it, but I don't understand these. They just **** your departure angle for the "look" of the spare hanging off the back.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the point of that thing? You have also screwed up your trailering capabilities (tongue weight). Best thing I can say is "not a fan" but your rig so you do you.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched these too, but am opting for a new rear bumper with a swing for the above-stated reasons. But I gotta ask, *** did the builder put the hinge "upside down"?? It's like the guy was trying to **** your ground clearance. That hinge assembly should be on top of the arm, not beneath it. Never seen anything like it. Sorry OP, just doesn't seem properly designed, but I get budget builds.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laughing at replies. I would have to say not a fan either. Good luck finding a parking space long enough, but if you love it that's all that counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA