newbie and his first Range Rover sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ian griffin

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for letting me on the forum (hopefully you will not regret it )I am 55 live in Birmingham not far from the Land Rover factory in Solihull. Also have had a lifetime of repairing my own cars from 1970s to present day cars I have a 2007 range rover sport 2.7 tdv6 in what seems good condition so far in 3 months all that has gone wrong is 2 bulbs have gone, keeps telling me the coolant is low and now the air suspension has a fault so will not let me adjust the height stuck at normal height, so all good so far. one question do you need a manufacturer specific obdII reader as I cannot get my old one to connect to find the fault on my suspension.
thanks again
Ian

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for letting me on the forum (hopefully you will not regret it )I am 55 live in Birmingham not far from the Land Rover factory in Solihull. Also have had a lifetime of repairing my own cars from 1970s to present day cars I have a 2007 range rover sport 2.7 tdv6 in what seems good condition so far in 3 months all that has gone wrong is 2 bulbs have gone, keeps telling me the coolant is low and now the air suspension has a fault so will not let me adjust the height stuck at normal height, so all good so far. one question do you need a manufacturer specific obdII reader as I cannot get my old one to connect to find the fault on my suspension.
thanks again
Ian

Welcome to the forum Ian! Got any pics of your LR you can post up here? I don't think you need an OEM OBD reader, as I know several other makes don't need an OEM, so I would think LR wouldn't need a OEM one.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Assuming it's the same as a US spec car in this regard a regular OBDII reader should be able to scan for OBDII things (this is basically limited to engine/emissions items, our government mandates this), but a vehicle specific reader/programmer can do a whole lot more beyond the basics (like suspension and chassis stuff). For the LR3/4 the go-to tool is the GAP Diagnostics IID Blue Tooth tool. It'll let you scan everything imaginable and reprogram lots of stuff, including suspension height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV