Newbie Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m not an owner yet, but am seriously considering leasing an LR4.

I have a couple basic questions if anyone cares to help out.

1) Searching around for different LR forums, or specific LR4 forums, this seems to be the main attraction… is that correct?

2) How do the DRL lights work? (on the US models) Are the DRL’s the same as the LED signature lighting and are the LED’s standard across all trim levels?

3) Air suspension: How is this most often used… is it a set it and forget it kind of thing… I’m mostly going to be “on-road” can I just set it for a low ride height and leave it? I assume it also makes getting in and out easier for kids, etc. at it’s lowest setting.

4) Anyone have a .pdf of the manual? I could probably answer a lot of this if I had it.

Thanks!

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) For US owners, this could be it but I find far more activities and information from www.disco3.co.uk. It's UK based forum but international and some US owners there.

2) LED is only on HID headlight, I believe HSE and up (HSE, HSE Lux, HSE Lux Plus) but I could be wrong. I know none HSE models don't have it for sure and I know my HSE lux Plus has it. There is no DRL on US model nor it can be enabled by dealer. LED signature light replaces traditional side light or parking light so it's not on unless you turn the headlight switch 1 click. Stays on with main and high beam.

3) Low ride position is only good for upto 5mph or slower or something like that. You can't drive with low ride mode even if you force it somehow as ride is so hard. Car will default to standard mode automatically as soon as you start driving away reaching 5mph or higher regardless whether you are in off road mode or low ride (officiall access mode). My wife is relatively short so when we are pulling into the drive way or a parking space, I just hit the low position button so that car will be low by the time I stop and select into park. Ride can be only changed when all doors are closed. Then I forget about it and drive away. I haven't used any of the off road mode.

4) PDF format is available from Land Rover tech site on paid bases. I suggest you check out the car in person.

sammin

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I got some seat time at the NY Autoshow last week...our local dealer is having a Family Fun Day BBQ at the dealership May 1...so I plan to visit then for more info and test drive.

zgaspen

Reaction score
I became distracted and my post ended up getting deleted, but the main bit of my post was to share this link I found awhile back:

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

Seems to have everything you need to know, though I do find it difficult to tell what model has what. Even the dealers seem to no know exactly just yet.

I just received quotes on a HSE7 Plus with locking rear and Lux. Lighting is huge for me, as is the stereo, so I'm leaning towards the Lux. I plan to demo though an HSE Plus to test the more basic model overnight. It's probably great as is. The HSE Plus gives you the backup cam, which I can't live without on my current car.

I have confirmed that the HSE does have HID Xenon lights. The Lux is the starting point for the adaptive. I currently have adaptive and would hate to give them up. Great for mountain corners, especially switchbacks, but probably not that much of a feature for ordinary intown. I live in the mtns and drive late nearly every night....

Good luck with your purchase....would be great to hear from some who shopped between HSE and Lux.

CHT

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m not an owner yet, but am seriously considering leasing an LR4.

I have a couple basic questions if anyone cares to help out.

1) Searching around for different LR forums, or specific LR4 forums, this seems to be the main attraction… is that correct?

2) How do the DRL lights work? (on the US models) Are the DRL’s the same as the LED signature lighting and are the LED’s standard across all trim levels?

3) Air suspension: How is this most often used… is it a set it and forget it kind of thing… I’m mostly going to be “on-road” can I just set it for a low ride height and leave it? I assume it also makes getting in and out easier for kids, etc. at it’s lowest setting.

4) Anyone have a .pdf of the manual? I could probably answer a lot of this if I had it.

Thanks!

1. Seems as though you are correct. I have not found many LR4 specific sites/forums.

2. The LED's are not standard accross all trim levels. They are for LUX and LUX +, although lights look the same for all trims. My dealer said the daytime running lights are just the parking lights or the lights themselves being on at all times.

3. The suspension has an "access height" which lowers the vehicle. It's a separate button on the console. However, at a certain speed the car raises again. Access height is only for low speeds...it's not meant for everyday driving. The car also raises from standard height when required by the terrain. The Landrover "Terrain Response System" is typically a set it and forget it for normal driving on asphalt. If there is snow or you have varied off road terrain, you can change settings by switching the dial. Some modes cannot be done on the fly (sand) since the vehicles switches to low gearing (among other adjustments). All of this is in the online brochure (the settings, not the details of each mode).

4. Not sure if there is .pdf online. Others may know.

Hope this helps. We really like our LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut