Newby Here first time rover owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been interested in owning a Land Rover for some time and the right deal came along that I pulled the trigger on the other day.
Still waiting on the truck to be shipped, but here's what I bought.
2005 LR3, SE, not sure of the particular engine make, V8 not sure of the Liter.

I hope to have it here after the forth of July as I am going out of town to visit son in Chicago.
93,507 miles, so not too bad I assume, everything works, or that's what is said. Bought at auction, but supposedly it was checked out and certified as per the information we had from them.

Gold Color, paid $5,500 plus auction fees.
First up fluid changes, and I assume a transmission service. I am pretty good at turning wrenches, also own Two International Scouts (66' 800 and 75' Scout II), actually am rewiring both and adding mods to those now.
One owner vehicle so I am hoping they were just scared of the 100K service coming up and decided to trade it in.

I am sure all of this information you people graciously provide will come in more than handy moving forward on this vehicle. It has already done so in my purchase of a Rover to date, so hope it all works out.
Don't do much rock crawling, just some hunting, towing light kayaks, etc.

Virginia is pretty flat where I am, so this will be a daily driver, as long as it is reliable.

Don't have pics yet, the guy where I bought didn't know how to send the ones I bought from to me, but it looked nice, well taken care of I hope.
If there is a VIN # lookup I am sure I can dig it up here, so I'm off to look for that.

Thanks for the great site, I'll be posting pics soon, I hope.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I always recommend changing all the fluids and perform a full maintenance so you know what has been done.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx Joey. Currently looking for a comprehensive list and going to start gathering stuff that I know is needed. Oil filters etc.
Can't wait to get her in the driveway.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi