no key for bike rack...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dmoore1200

I dont have teh key for the bike rack...how the heck am i going to get it off??? I talekd to LR and they said they cant cut keys for that...

D

discomike

So what year is your truck and what mileage? Did you just pick it up, give us some help here.
Mike J.

D

dmoore1200

Sorry..Its an 86 with 118,000 miles..Just picked it up.

Green on Tan, Leather, dual roofs etc...

D

discomike

It is probably not a Rover part and a hack saw is in order.
Have you spoken with the people who used to own it?
Mike J.

S

SteveA

If it is a Land Rover factory accessory, keys can be ordered by the dealers. There should be a 3 or 4 digit number stamped on the lock cylinder below the key hole. That is the key code. The dealer can order a key from that.

If it is NOT a Land Rover accesory, Mike is probably right. The only other option I can suggest is to take it to a local locksmith. There are still a few of those around. I'm not talking about the place that makes keys at the mall or the local Wal-Mart, but a real locksmith. They should problably be able to make a key that will work.

It's an 1986 Land Rover Discovery?! I hope you meant that it was a 96. Either that or you have a really rare Discovery!!

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick