noise upon start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I bought my 2016 LR4 one week ago. This started upon start up today.. it goes away and i have good oil pressure and temp is perfect. it sounds like the fan is hitting something or a pulley is going bad.. but the sound goes away after a minute or two.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be something in the exhaust manifold or beyond rattling away until it heats up. Too much to speculate on...

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its at the dealer in Austin as we speak. They are a great team and will sort it out. Once I know what it is I will repost for all.

KimH

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 that does the same thing. Every morning and if it sits for more than 3 or 4 hours it does that but only for 30 seconds max. The day I test drove it and bought it and it didn't do it. The next day and every day since it has. I've had it almost a year now. I was told what it was by a friend but was also told not to worry about it unless it was louder and lasted longer. I would love to know what the dealer tells you.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I bought my 2016 LR4 one week ago. This started upon start up today.. it goes away and i have good oil pressure and temp is perfect. it sounds like the fan is hitting something or a pulley is going bad.. but the sound goes away after a minute or two.
OK, i wanted to update everyone who may have checked in on this. As i suspected it was a bad pulley. Land Rover of Austin was great and i suspect it was because my Sales Rep was awesome. Fixed for Free last week and i was given a new Jag Sedan as a loaner. LR4 is back home and running great. That service will keep me buying Rovers.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 that does the same thing. Every morning and if it sits for more than 3 or 4 hours it does that but only for 30 seconds max. The day I test drove it and bought it and it didn't do it. The next day and every day since it has. I've had it almost a year now. I was told what it was by a friend but was also told not to worry about it unless it was louder and lasted longer. I would love to know what the dealer tells you.
pulley going out on mine. that could be your culprit also

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi