Nokian WR G4 SUV Tire Review (amazing in deep snow)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We finally got a ton of snow here in Chicago and figured I'd share my thoughts on the Nokian WR G4's on my 2013 LR4.

These tires are amazing ! I had them on all summer and they were great. Quiet and stable on a 3000 mile road trip. Great in rain too. The past few days I finally got to test them in some deep snow.

I hit the road this morning in 18" of fresh snow and the LR4 was unstoppable. I felt like I was able to even idle through the snow. The ground clearance or the LR4 was key. Many other SUVs were stuck on the roads because the snow was just too deep and/or they had all seasons.

These tires performed just like a dedicated snow tire (Blizzak) Ive used before on other cars. While also performing flawlessly on dry pavement.

I highly recommend these tires. No more swapping out wheels/tires for the winter. These things really can do it all.

View attachment 12517

2021-02-17 11.32.35.jpg

Last edited:

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats right - they are amazing and definitely up to the task of Chicago/ny winters!

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size are you running? Nokian website doesnt list any tire sizes meant for the lr4.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the 255/55/19 size on Discount Tire.
huh. youre right, just checked.

interesting that discount tire offers a tire that the Nokian website doesn't list as being made. Nokian needs to update their tire size offerings.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh. youre right, just checked.

interesting that discount tire offers a tire that the Nokian website doesn't list as being made. Nokian needs to update their tire size offerings.

Agreed. Strange.

I think I've seen the same from other tire manufacturers. I believe Goodyear is one.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at these a while ago. My one concern was the SL load rating(although 113 should be sufficient by itself) Should be OK but something to keep in mind. These trucks are heavy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV