Nokian WR G4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrMorison

Reaction score
Has anyone run Nokian WR G4 (or even G3). I am looking for opinions on these as year round tires. I live in New England. Thanks.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big fan of the WG3 as a year-rounder all-weather tire. I found them especially great here in the Mid-Atlantic region. Granted we don’t have severe winters, but if @PaulLR3 vouches for them in Boston winters, you can’t go wrong.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor went through 2 sets of the OE Contis on her LR4 and complained that they were terrible in winter, especially on ski trips to Maine. I told her to get a set of WRG3's instead. After just one winter trip she agreed that they are amazing in winter conditions compared to the Contis.

dc_v01

Reaction score
I loved the WRG3 SUV's I had. But when I tore the sidewall in one (not the tire's fault) I decided not to replace with WRG4's, simply because I did not like the tread pattern. The 3's have a great looking tread, with written wear indicators that directly told you the tread depth - there are numbers that wear away so the largest visible number is the tread depth. It also had a snowflake symbol that will wear away when it is no longer winter rated. The 4's don't appear to have these features, and the tread has a very odd pattern that isn't symmetric.

Instead, I replaced them with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. These are A/T tires, but still have the severe service mountain snowflake winter rating, unlike the Conti's or similar. I like these alot. Will try to post pictures soon.

JKJK

Reaction score
I have more than one LR so have tried several tires. Had the wrg3 and 4s. Great tires. Not the best tread life but that comes with the type of tire.

I just installed the Vredestein Quadtrac Pro on my LR4. 255 55 19s. So far so good. Check them out.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had several sets of the WRG3/4 and am a huge fan. For something more durable off-road but still 4 season capable look at the Nokian Rotiiva. Have them on our 3 and they are a fantastic do everything tire.

PS Are there others here who wouldn’t buy a tire simply because of the way the tread looked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72