Nokian WR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got one of the worst storms in a long time here in metro nyc area...combination of fresh snow, sleet, ice, slush and freezing rain. Drove 40 miles for 2.5 hours and the WRs were INCREDIBLE. ive been using WRs and Hakkas on my cars for over 20 years and tonight completely reinforced how amazing these tires are. The LR4 was a complete tank, never even had to switch the car to snow/gravel. SUVs, teslas, bmws, and 3 fedex trucks all stranded on the sides of the greenwich/bedford backroads and i was going around and through the roads like nothing. I can't even imagine what an LR4 with hakkas wld be like. Now if i only i cld get my full size SC to handle great in the snow....

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the vehicle and yes with full snows it is even better (studded Hakas being the pinnacle, I run DMV2 which are probably 90% of those). Snow setting relaxes the throttle response and perhaps starts you out in second gear. It also makes the stability control tighter (won't allow the tail to step out as much) If hooning I like all that off but my passengers like the snow setting . After experimenting plenty the snow setting is most useful when in deep snow where it stops the tires from digging down when starting from stopped. Like sand mode.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have never used studded hakkas as theyd be overkill for the 97% suburban soccer driving we doi. if i had a house in VT/mountain i wld def use studded. the WR3s are simply amazing. take them to the beach in the 95 degree summers and same tires perform amazingly in the crap we got last night.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV