Obd2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of you have e-mailed me on a complete list on OBD2 trouble codes Before using this list, be aware that OBD2 is not completely compatible with Land Rovers diagnostic systems.
The protocol and communication baud rate between OBD2 and Land rovers processors are very different. Obd2 protocol can vary per tool, but none have adopted Land rovers true protocol.
The standard protocols for OBD2 include: SAE J1850 PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230 KWP2000 and ISO 15765 CAN. ISO 9141 is Land Rover’s protocol with a J1962 OBD2 connector. This is why when you use a OBD2 diagnostic system with this processor, you really only stand 20% at best for evaluation of the faults codes only pertaining to emissions systems only, from what I’m experiencing. And OBD2 has no reading of Land rovers other on board processor systems, i.e. ABS, TC, HDC, ACE, etc.

This is a neat little web site that tells you what the code means

http://www.eobd2.eu/DTCL.asp

Just type in your vehicle then code, and it gives you your DTC for OBD2 only though

Best wishes............. Chongo :bandit:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi