occasional "grabbing" feel when applying brakes going downhill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
LR4 2013 HSE LUX when applying brakes going downhill, usually in the morning, sometimes when damp out- sometimes not- i feel that my brakes are "grabbing" before stopping. there's no warning light illuminating on the dash. it's similar to the ABS effect. is this a reason to bring the car in for service?

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "ABS effect" would cause me to bring it in especially if the issue can be consistently reproduced. Additionally, if it goes away after initial startup you may need to have the shop keep the car overnight.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 2013 HSE LUX when applying brakes going downhill, usually in the morning, sometimes when damp out- sometimes not- i feel that my brakes are "grabbing" before stopping. there's no warning light illuminating on the dash. it's similar to the ABS effect. is this a reason to bring the car in for service?

Is the grabbing happening on it's own or are you depressing the brakes and then experiencing subsequent grabbing?

joyce

Reaction score
thanks everyone. the grabbing happens when i apply the brakes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut