OEM Brush Bar w/ Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mturnerua

Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has any pics of the OEM brush bar with a winch on their LR3? I've been torn between the winch and non winch version so I wanted to see how smooth it looks with the winch on it, being that I'll probably use it only once or twice a year. Also for anyone that does have it, how complicated was installing the brush bar and wiring the winch?

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The winch obviouslly looks bad ass, but looks should be the last concern when you're talking about spending over 2K for a winch and tray. if you can wheel with another buddy, and probably aren't going to use it, I wouldn't buy it... just my 2 cents.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to agree there. You'll most likely use the winch to get other people out of problems rather than yourself. Use the $2k on something else. Oh and the last time I checked, you could get the non-winch version of that bar for $108, vs the usual ~$650 for the winch version. I think a lot of dealers are trying to blow out the inventory.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are better options for less that look better and don't mess with approach angle.
sg or rt bumpers even the rasta set up.
for 2k you could get the off roving sliders and almost full underbody skids made by rasta. A much wiser upgrade in my opinion. and trow a 3-4ton come-along in the back, now you have a front and rear mounted winch and you get a nice back and arm work out to help stay in shape to keep the ladies happy.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz where are the aframes for $108?!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think BOAZ was referring to these bars:

102620061322563876.jpg

They have been popping up on clearance.

For $100 I would buy a 2nd A-Frame. Mines taking a beating.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The post was about the brush bar, pictured above, not the A Frame, which is mostly just for looks and holding lights, if you're into that. Niello (Sacramento) had the non-winch version, which had the bottom bar going all the way across, for $108 a few weeks back. Someone else posted on it.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the OEM winch and brush bar on my '08. I had the dealer install it before I got the truck (along with some decent tires) and there were so many adders and subtracters in the deal there is no way of knowing what I actually paid for them.

I work by myself on some pretty primitive "roads" and have used the winch 3 times in a year, I also used it a couple of times to move a utility building on my lot. Compared to the Black Rat recovery winch I had in my '05 it has been wonderful (the Black Rat is great, but it is an amazing amount of work to lift a 6,000 lb vehicle out of a 5 ft ditch in knee deep mud by yourself). The LR3 has gone many places that old timers in the Oil Field said that no vehicle is going to go, they are all amazed at this vehicle. The winch has always been put to use out of sight of the naysayers thank goodness.

David

Attachments

• LR3smallest.JPG
    LR3smallest.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 108

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least it was clean for once. I spend a bunch of time at the Extreme Truck Wash trying to keep mud boulders off the driveway.

David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72