Oil level check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to check my oil level via the instructions in the manual but always get the 'information is not available' message no matter if I check when the truck is cold or after driving and letting it sit for 10-15 minutes like the manual suggested.

Any of you have experienced similar issues? The instructions seem pretty basic with turning off your truck and making sure you are on a leveled surface. I'm getting close to my second oil change(1800 miles away) and wanted to see what my oil level looks like.

Thanks in advance!

starrover

Reaction score
Are you trying to check it electronically? If so, I was told by my service dept that the US vehicles don't come equipped with that feature. You still check the oil the old fashioned way using the dipstick.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
US LR4's do have the electronic dipstick feature. My recommendation is to show it to the service rep when you bring it in for an oil change.

Landmark

Reaction score
i had the same issue. Really wish it had the good old fashion dipstick.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll add this to my short list of things the dealer needs to check when I get my oil change in a few months. thanks guys!

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the "information not available" message as well.

Did you ever get this answer, whether it would work or not?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works fine (I still miss the humble dipstick and don't trust this silly digital gauge thingy, it's a malfunction waiting to happen as the above examples clearly indicate.) It seems to take quite a bit longer than 10 - 15 minutes after the engine is shut off before I can get a reading, though.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, had to wait half an hour or so, and it eventually did it...

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove for a while and let it set for about 30 minutes and it registered "full" so it appears to be working. Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi