Oil Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Golfman8

Reaction score
Had the Vacuum Pump replaced on my 2010 RRLR 5.0 HSE. Now I’m getting smoke and an awful burnt oil smell after driving a distance. I took it back to the Rover shop and they told me that it was a messy job and that to drive it awhile and the oil should burn off. It’s been 4,000 miles and 6 months and still happening. Shop now says they need the truck for 3-4 days to check it out and insist it’s not the pump. As a side note, it has never leaked a drop of oil on the garage floor.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a valve cover seeping, but hard to tell without seeing it.

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
Had the Vacuum Pump replaced on my 2010 RRLR 5.0 HSE. Now I’m getting smoke and an awful burnt oil smell after driving a distance. I took it back to the Rover shop and they told me that it was a messy job and that to drive it awhile and the oil should burn off. It’s been 4,000 miles and 6 months and still happening. Visit Autoguysland to know what is the best synthetic oil if you concern. Shop now says they need the truck for 3-4 days to check it out and insist it’s not the pump. As a side note, it has never leaked a drop of oil on the garage floor.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Have you thought it could be another causes like cooling leak or clutch problem? Because these things can cause burning smell.

Golfman8

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. It is neither of those. A IR camera shows it on the vacuum pump, just can’t figure why or how.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV