One side of dual air control not working :( blend stepper motor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaysRover

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2008 LR2 with a bit of an issue, and in search of help. My drivers side (LH) dual air control has stopped working, just blowing cold air. The right side works fine, but doesn't seem to be getting as hot or cold as it used to. I tried resetting the HVAC by holding down the auto and circulation button while turning on the ignition. After I did this the left side would spit out some warm, but not hot, air and then kick off. It repeated this several times. I heard a very faint buzz noise when the cool air would switch back. Ive been doing a little research and came across that it may be one of my stepper motors. Does this sound likely? Im considering a heater core flush, but would that be the main issue if one side is still functioning? Also about a week ago, I noticed a different sound from under the hood. It almost sounded like something was working harder than it normally does with a humming sort of noise. I am no where near an qualified mechanic, but I hope with some help from you guys and my mechanically talented father, I can fix this issue on my own. please help with your wisdom or advice if you can! thankfully ive been blessed not to have this challenge a week ago, when it was 2 degrees outside!
thanks,
kayley

Shoshone

Reaction score
My 11 Range Rover had the same symptoms...it turned out to be low freon. The climate control system did not work if the system was low pressure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi