Opinions please (Non-Technical)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to put this on a technical forum, but you are the fellas I need an opinion from..

A few weeks back, we (Kansas City) took about a foot of snow, and the for-hire plows did their usual **** job cleaning up the parking lots. Many spots are taken up by snow mounds, and today I didn't feel like walking from the back of the lot:

20190131_110754.jpg
The property manager came running out saying "You can't park on the grass!!!", and I said I'n not, I'm perfectly centered in a parking spot that their cut-rate plow didn't clear.

So: Is this a **** move? The guy next to me has plenty of room, I'm in the spot far enough, and I'm not on the curb or grass.. Coworkers got a kick out of it, but it still feels awkward..

Mike

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done it a few times but not for extended periods of time - like a whole workday. I cannot imagine the suspension or tire was meant to hold such a high percentage if the LR4's (heavy) weight for 10 hours at a time.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what kind of move it was, you were doing the property manager a favor by taking a parking spot that was otherwise wasted!

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, done exactly that plenty of times.

And nope, I don’t consider that a **** move at all.

But having wasted spots due to snow is a very common occurrence where I live due to the fact that it practically doesn’t get above freezing for 6 months (exaggeration I must admit, but feels like that right now. Hasn’t snowed in 2 weeks but still have feet of snow).

People park like that a lot here, and I do it sometimes too to remind everyone the rover can handle itself just fine.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this a good bit, especially when it snows before the Holidays and people are out shopping in full force and spaces are at a premium! I am always afraid to leave it for hours on end in such an extended fashion - anyone ever have any issues from this???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi