P061A & P061B64

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 with 98k miles. Truck does not have engine light on, but when scanning for codes I have two that are coming up. I've had these codes for a few months. Initially they cleared, but now it doesn't clear when I try. The two codes are:

P061A Internal Control Module Torque Performance
P061B64 Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. Signal Plausibility Failure

I cleaned the MAF and MAP sensor. I removed and thoroughly cleaned the throttle body with cleaner. I changed the air filters on the car. I did some research online and I think it could be a faulty MAF sensor. Does anyone have an idea in regard to these codes?

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"P061A - 00

Internal Control Module Torque Performance - No sub type information

Manifold air flow sensor failure Electric throttle unit failure

Check and install a new manifold air flow sensor as required
Check and install a new electric throttle unit as required. Refer to the warranty policy and procedures manual, or determine if any prior approval program is in operation, prior to the installation of a new module/component"

Here his the code and description lifted from the LR technical info.

Cant really offer more than this, are you sure you read the second code correctly, there is no LR code with this number. Hope it helps.

Stu.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"P061A - 00

Internal Control Module Torque Performance - No sub type information

Manifold air flow sensor failure Electric throttle unit failure

Check and install a new manifold air flow sensor as required
Check and install a new electric throttle unit as required. Refer to the warranty policy and procedures manual, or determine if any prior approval program is in operation, prior to the installation of a new module/component"

Here his the code and description lifted from the LR technical info.

Cant really offer more than this, are you sure you read the second code correctly, there is no LR code with this number. Hope it helps.

Stu.
Yes sir those are the codes pulled. I have the rsw solutions ELM tool not the gap tool or regular code scanner. According to your post it’s either my maf sensor which i suspected or my throttle body. This is some really good information. I appreciate it.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any possibility of an air leak ?

Hmm not that i could visually see. I took it all apart today and reassembled it once i did all the cleaning so if there was something not connected properly or a damaged part I would’ve came across it. I’ve never changed my PCV valve however and i know those seals are usually torn around 60k so i may have a vacuum leak. Not sure if vacuum leaks from that valve fouls with the maf sensor. I guess i have to replace the pvc and the maf sensor.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The P061B code is in the manual as well - says exactly the same thing as P061A. I’m assuming its just for the other bank.

Definitely check the PCV and the valve cover breather on the other side. It doesn’t foul the MAF, just lets in air that the MAF isn’t reading so the PCM might think the MAF is bad. But I haven’t heard of these codes showing up for a vacuum leak before - usually it shows a lean code or no code.

You might also check your fuel trims if your scanner can do it. An unmetered air leak should show up as elevated fuel trims, although a faulty MAF might do the same.

Otherwise might actually be the throttle body, or the wiring to it. Was the throttle body pretty clean or was it gummy when you cleaned it? Any other work done on the truck just before the codes started showing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV