P2406 & P061A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

npollardtx

Reaction score
2012 LR4 V8 122K miles, owned since new, always regularly serviced and oil/filter every 7k or so

Over Labor Day weekend, check engine light came on with:
- P2406 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense - Circuit High
I had not recently fueled up and it's actually a newish fuel cap. I happened to be at a local race track, so a buddy cleared the code and I went on my way.

400 miles later, check engine light back on with:
- P2406
AND
- P061A Internal Control Module Torque Performance

Two questions:
1. Is this something I shouldn't drive with until I can get into the shop?
2. Also, I've spent about $12k on her in the last year between replacing the timing chain tensioner rails, air suspension compressor, tailgate actuator, and 120k service plus a new set of tire, pads and rotors. I keep thinking nothing more can break, but in less than a month, it's been the compressor, actuator, new battery, and now these codes. I mean I really need to pay off the most recent credit card charges on this before incurring more!

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, after 12k and all those repairs you should be good for another 100k miles until another huge 12k bill hits you again. These trucks are like that....cheap to maintain for a while, until everything hits you at once one day.

festus

Reaction score
I had code P2406 and fixed it by replacing the leak detection pump, although I waited a month or so before replacing it. Not sure about the other code.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the service manual, P061A points to a faulty MAF sensor or faulty throttle body. P2406 relates to the evap leak detection circult as festus points out above. Can’t really think of anything that would trigger both these codes. Maybe purge valve stuck open would cause a faulty MAF reading (basically a vacuum leak) and also register as an evap leak, but I would think there would be other codes as well.

Landrover1994

Reaction score
The P2406 code is for the DMTL pump it will need to be replaced. But you should also check to make sure the air filter for the evap canister is not clogged as well. I have seen a few of them clogging up and causing the pumps to go bad.

Landrover1994

Reaction score
As for the P061A it it not a common code for these vehicle. Make sure the engine air filters are clean. Clear it and see if it comes back.

allegro

Reaction score
I had P061A turn up last week after removing the air intake ducting while working on a cooling fan issue. Specifically, my GAP tool showed P061A-64 Internal control module torque performance - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure. The 2012 fault info on Topix said P061A-64 is for Intake system air leak; Manifold air flow sensor(s) failure. I checked all connections and the fault kept coming back. Finally, I fiddled with the coolant reservoir temp sensor and did a vehicle reset by disconnecting both battery cables and then the code disappeared and hasn't come back. Go figure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA