Park Brake fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acsubie

Reaction score
Have a little problem guys... I've been commuting back and forth to seminar approximately 100 miles each way for the last few days, LR3 has been driving great and have not noticed anything to draw concern. Well this AM I get in to make the commute again and after pulling out the driveway I quickly realize that the ParkBrake indicator is illuminated, thought it was strange since I don't remember engaging it the nite before, anyway I quickly come to a complete stop by applying brake and attempt to disengage the ParkBrake, after a few attempts the indicator on the instrument panel is still illuminated. I take my foot off the brake and to my surprise the LR3 began to roll forward so that led me to believe that the ParkBrake was not engaged?? I then tried to turn on the ParkBrake with the lever but nothing was happening? I then proceeded to drive with no bad effects. Can this be a glitch within the computer system? Only thing
That I can remotely attribute this to is it had been raining here for a good percentage of the last week. Possibly water got in there and screwed with something? I plan on disconnecting the battery when I get home to try to reset the computer. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas about this?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple ParkBrake faults and if a power cycle didn't take care of it, a visit to the dealer was required. At this point I forget what the two different issues, were, but it definitely required a warranty repair.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the parking brake switch on the console may be shorted... If a hard reset doesn't get rid of the Park Brake light, I agree you should take her in for service.

acsubie

Reaction score
does the hard reset involve unplugging battery for a few minutes? if so i just tried it and upon start up the indicator is off now...we shall see

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the park brake engage normally now? Perhaps you got lucky, just one of those adorable Land Rover gremlins.

acsubie

Reaction score
Does the park brake engage normally now? Perhaps you got lucky, just one of those adorable Land Rover gremlins.

yea it does, no indicator for about 5 miles then it turned itself on and off again

farouk1

Reaction score
EPB fault

This morning, am ready to go to work but my EPB decided not to let go. :mad: Luckily, depressing slightly the accelerator pedal did do that with some sort of a ****.
Phoned the dealer and am taking it for a check this Saturday. Will inform of outcome(s).

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had to bring my 2008 LR3 to the dealership. Twice, they cleared the warning lights and twice it reappeared. After the 3rd diagnostics performed by them, it turned out that the CONTROL MODULE had to be replaced because it had SHORT CIRCUITED because water had gone into it. Turned out that it is supposed to be SEALED and water TIGHT.

I am fortunate that my dealership was very methodical in helping diagnose the problem and they pinpointed it finally to a defective module. It apparently is very hard to access, so it took several hours in the shop for them to finally replace with a brand new module. Now it works like a charm!

I would recommend that you tell your maintenance man to check the module and tell them of my experience and resolution to the problem.

Vince

Thabisa

Reaction score
Im getting an error whilst starting my Disco 3. Parking brake fault, any suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi