Parking brake fault...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably. Do you hear the actuator? What is the nature of the failure?

If it is a fuse, relay, or switch, that should not be too hard. If it is something at the wheel (adjustment, broken piece, jammed component), that shouldn't be too hard. If it's something else, I don't know.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the parking brake module, it's a pain in the ass. I guess first you have to find out what the fault is.

wardheyel

Reaction score
I asked a LR Mechanic about what it takes to change the module. His first words were, don't try it. It takes them 6 hours to simply remove the piece. That module is expensive!!!

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue and bought a new switch that didn't fix it so I searched the forums and following one of the threads check the wires and there was a broken wire down by the actuator. I was able to remove the spare tire, pull the loom through and solder in a new length of wire. That fixed the issue. I was lucky I guess because according to other threads there are a million things that can cause any fault code or warning light since everything is interconnected through the can bus and MOST network. There is a thread somewhere with a pic of the broken wire.

cpyleitz

Reaction score
check Technical Service Bulletin No. LTB00079v6/2009, there are a number of diagnostics depending on what the situation is. There's also a functionality test for the EPB to see if it is still serviceable.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked a LR Mechanic about what it takes to change the module. His first words were, don't try it. It takes them 6 hours to simply remove the piece. That module is expensive!!!

Damn. I wonder where it is for it to be that hard to change.

I just stopped using mine because the damn shoes would rust into place and get stuck. I'd have to rock back and forth from reverse to drive until they'd pop loose. Don't set it, it don't get stuck, LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV