Parking sensors delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rhcaspian

Anyonecome across a problem with the parking sensor not operating after the car has been sitting / standing for a while, like in the morning? The problem has only recently appeared. The sensors do work after a couple of minutes but from standstill when I need them most...nothing?

Any input?

Thanks

R

roverdawg

I've got that problem. In fact, it's in the shop as we speak. I've been told that it's a known problem (there's a tech bulletin) and that my ECU for the PDC is being replaced. They're also replacing my fuel tank (see sluggish engine roar thread), investigating a check engine light, replacing the nav screen (flickering), and looking into recurring suspension faults (compressor replaced 6 weeks ago).

UPDATE-Just got the LR3 back and it's running like it's brand new. Acceleration is SMOOTH, all faults are gone, and the NAV screen is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When does your Nav screen flicker? Is it at certain times or always?

R

roverdawg

Hudy said:
When does your Nav screen flicker? Is it at certain times or always?

There doesn't seem to be any condition that triggers it. First noticed it a couple of weeks ago. The screen would grow dim then immediately come back. Would happen a couple of times over the course of a few minutes then disapper for awhile. Happened both on the nav and the 4x4 information displays. Dealer replaced the screen and the problem has disappeared. Apparently, this is a known problem and the screens are in short supply due to swapouts. My dealer was able to snag one....

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of this happening when the sun is low in the sky(dusk mostly). I wouldn't be suprised if it comes back.

L

LarryHN

Mine has that problem when ever you start backwards with the automatic electric parking brake engaged - Land Rover doesn't care about the safety implications a=oine bit. If anyone figures out how to get them to fix it I would love to know.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has that problem when ever you start backwards with the automatic electric parking brake engaged
That isn't a problem -- that is the way they are. In fact I believe it even states as much in the manual.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case roverdawg didn't make it clear enough, the "logic" with how PDC is activated has been altered. There is an update that can be done to existing cars. If you find the PDC is not activating everytime you want it to be activated, have your dealer schedule time to install the "fix." Any recent builds (last 3 months or so) already have the change.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA