Part number for replacement aux in jack? 2006 LR3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanf

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a 2006 LR3. A cable tip snapped off in the aux in jack in the rear of the center console.

This seems to be a relatively common problem, but I was unable to remove the piece from the jack. So, I now need to replace the whole aux in component.

I have not been able to find a part number or place to buy. I pulled out the whole jack from the center console (photo below).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sanf

image.jpg

justingreene

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me. After removing the console you can open it (a few Allen screws I think) and get to the circuit board inside. The aux Jack is a two piece unit with the base attached to the board. There are four small clips holding the top part to the base. I was able to use 4 needles to spead the clips so that the top could be removed. Once removed the inside of the Jack is exposed and the broken peife can be removed. Getting the top back into the jfk was a little tricky as there are some slots that align the contacts on the inside of the jack... my after about 15 minutes of trying it slipped right on (dont force it... when it aligned it goes on smoothly).

hope that helps, sorry I didn’t take photos.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a 2006 LR3. A cable tip snapped off in the aux in jack in the rear of the center console.

This seems to be a relatively common problem, but I was unable to remove the piece from the jack. So, I now need to replace the whole aux in component.

I have not been able to find a part number or place to buy. I pulled out the whole jack from the center console (photo below).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sanf

View attachment 10439
There are 2 things you can do, 1 remove the piece that’s stuck in the aux jack by using a little crazy glue on a screw, or you can buy another aux jack splice it into the wires that go to the current aux jack and relocate it to the front and just leave the stuck piece in the rear aux jack and just use it as a blank, which you’ll need in anyway if using the new aux jack in front. Without the blank in the sound quality is low. I just did this fix on my bro in laws Lr3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut