Persistent misfire codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Following an engine swap and correcting multiple codes/ issues my 2007 Range Rover HSE continues to throw misfire codes. 90% of the time it's 305 and 302 referring to 5 and 2 cylinders. Occasionally it'll include an additional cylinder today referencing 308. Engine/vehicle runs strong unless I push it. Then it might go limp mode or might not. Seems random.
I have:
-replaced plugs
-switched but not replaced injectors. 302 and 305 remained. Tested fine.
-replaced injector o-rings
-switched #2 and #5 coilpacks to 3 and 4. P0305 and p0302 remained.
-intake gaskets
-replaced purge valve (because I broke it)

Im out of ideas and have only 6 months experience as a Rover owner but learning fast.
Could really use some input. Thank you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would recommend cleaning/replacing if needed the MAF sensor, I would also check the air box and make sure it is sealing correctly.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you see if it is running rich or lean? I had a 305 and my diagnostic tool said my #5 injector was stuck open. Rich codes showed up. I replaced just #5 injector, cleaned all of the injectors, with homemade jet and replaced all of the o-rings. Unlike yours mine was running crap, could smell fuel on idle. After I did this my issue was gone. During the process I bent my fuel rail, but with a little luck bent it back to fix a leaky fuel injector. When you did your o-rings did you use some lube to help make sure they seated properly?
I'm only 10 months old in rover years so not much help. I did buy a coil pack that I was about to switch through the cylinders but the injector fixed it so it sits on the shelf.

Reaction score
Hey Ruper thanks for the response. It's seems ive done exactly as you had. I just didn't replace the top blue o-rings. Now every 50 miles or so I'll get p0302 p0305 316 and 300. Those are the only codes although the reader claims 9 codes. It seems almost like it's storing them indefinitely manifesting them later. Strange.

Joel

Reaction score
Hey ClztrafobicGofr I'm actually going through this same issue.

replaced all plugs and coils.
Today going to replace the offending cylinders injector

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA