Placed an order but torn on colors, advice and opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sammydtd

Reaction score
Hi guys, after owning a full size 2006 RR and two supercharged Sports I'm ready to make my way into the new LR4... This will be a complementary car to my Porsche Panamera. My Pannie is an exclusive color called Cognac, inside out, and I'm hesitant to go with Nara Bronze as it sits in the same family of colors. I love Stornoway, as my old 06 RR was Bonatti and this is much much nicer. However the stornoway interiors I've seen everywhere are black and I feel like the black isn't doing the car justice on the interior side. Almond with arabica is my preferred interior. Do you guys think I could combine the two? The brochure says I cam, but it's the not the designer choice and it's not even recommended.

And if pick the ebony interior, what trim? I'm afraid piano black mint even make it more dull. On the other hand my panamera has a light interior so maybe ebony is the way to go.

I also thought about Galway, has anyone seen an lr4 in this color? I'm staying away from black as I think the contrast with all the tinted windows is lost. What do you guys think?

CHT

Reaction score
Hi guys, after owning a full size 2006 RR and two supercharged Sports I'm ready to make my way into the new LR4... This will be a complementary car to my Porsche Panamera. My Pannie is an exclusive color called Cognac, inside out, and I'm hesitant to go with Nara Bronze as it sits in the same family of colors. I love Stornoway, as my old 06 RR was Bonatti and this is much much nicer. However the stornoway interiors I've seen everywhere are black and I feel like the black isn't doing the car justice on the interior side. Almond with arabica is my preferred interior. Do you guys think I could combine the two? The brochure says I cam, but it's the not the designer choice and it's not even recommended.

And if pick the ebony interior, what trim? I'm afraid piano black mint even make it more dull. On the other hand my panamera has a light interior so maybe ebony is the way to go.

I also thought about Galway, has anyone seen an lr4 in this color? I'm staying away from black as I think the contrast with all the tinted windows is lost. What do you guys think?

Color is really subjective, but here is my 2 cents. I don't normally like a white car, but we seriously looked at the alaska white with almond/arabica interior. Really was a nice, bright clean combination. Then we saw a Stornowaye Gray w/ebony and piano black trim and bought it on the spot. I'm actually a light interior person, but I think the darker interior works well given the amount of space in the interior. The stiching is slightly deviated (lighter color), and it looks great. The piano black trim is definitely a keeper, it really works well with the ebony and you don't see many LR4's configured this way. It may not be the sexiest color combination, but it's very classy and will hold its own over time.

For us, the black interior just works better for hauling our bikes, kids, etc. It shows dirt, but easily comes clean. After awhile I was afraid the lighter interior would no longer come clean and wear tends to show more on lighter interiors. If you don't have these issues or live in the sunbelt where dark is an issue, then it really is personal preference more than anything else.

Galway green is one of those statement colors (like Bali blue). I think you really have to be someone willing to be noticed. It's not as subdued as you think.

Sammydtd

Reaction score
Can Stornoway work with almond arabica though? Or should I stick to the ebony then with piano? I'm lean in more in that direction.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were dead set on almond interior color and was just debating on the exterior color. Nara bronze, Bournavile (?) and white. Last car was black and black and we sweared up and down we will never buy another black what ever again.

Then saw alaska white with ebony with piano finish at the dealer and bought it next day. Never been so happier. the enony with piano trim finish brings out the satin chrome finishes and makes the interior so elegant. Glassy black and satin chrome finish apears to be the new trend. It complements my blackberry bold 9000 nicely.

CHT

Reaction score
Can Stornoway work with almond arabica though? Or should I stick to the ebony then with piano? I'm lean in more in that direction.

Personally I think the dark colors or very light colors (mainly white) work best with almond/arabica. You could certainly go either way, but I think the ebony with piano gloss trim really complements the Stornoway grey. Keep in mind I'm biased.

fordavea

Reaction score
LR4 Colors

My wife and I spent a lot of time choosing a color for our LR4, in part because we completely disagreed w/ each other. I preferred Nara Bronze w/ Almond/Arabica w/ Grand Black Lacquer to start with and she preferred Stornoway Gray w/ Ebony/Grand Black Lacquer. She was a v. successful interior designer on the w. coast and has a great color sense. She always felt the black interior w/ the black wood was much more integrated looking.

We've lived in Maine for the past 5 yrs and were interested in a interior that wouldn't show dirt/wear as much over time. The black interior seemed to fit the bill, particularly in that some with the lighter almond interior have apparently had problems w/ mild color transfer fm jeans, black belts, etc. onto the leather.

In the end, we chose Stornoway/Ebony/Black but only after visiting a number of dealers to see the color combinations in person. (My wife didn't actually win - I just came to see the rational of her choice - yea right!).

Viewing the actual vehicle color combo in person is always a much better idea if possible, since pictures never do colors justice and often misrepresent actual shades. And, as with any vehicle, certain colors just look better on certain vehicles. In any case, it's still a very personal choice. I would recommend taking the time to view exterior color combos in person if at all possible. You might even find as we did, that colors even look slightly different in different parts of the country (E vs W coast). Remember, you have to live w/ your choice for a while. Don't let it be the thing that T's you off every time you look at your vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72