Please give me advice to buy LR3 08 now or not ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mith_21

Reaction score
Hii guyz i am looking forward to buy an LR3 2008 Gcc spec can you guys give me some advice about buying in this model in this 2022 !

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Mith,
If I were you, I would seriously consider the LR4. I have both, and the LR4 is superior on numerous levels. (Disclaimer: you may not get unanimous agreement on this forum!!) Just my twopence...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@djatkinson maybe on a different thread so as not to jack Mith's, you can break down the likes/dislikes of each model. I think the LR4 is cool...interior is nice and more refined. I like the LR3's exterior a lot better though, and the 4.4L is anecdotally more robust than the 5.0. I don't own both though, so hearing your opinion would be interesting.

@Mith_21 I see you are in Oman. Would you be looking for the diesel or petrol? Did they make both in 2008? What will you be using the Rover for? Off-roading, overlanding? Just driving around town?

Mith_21

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies bros ! I am taking lr3 for mainly off-roading and camping purposes only, the main issue is lr4 is quite upside my budget and i have been to a lr3 in my enquires its a japan spec 2009 only 135k driven but have to take it to mechanic to inspect wat u think about this vehicle !

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Japan Spec; unfamiliar. Does it have the same 4.4L V8 that is sold in North America?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha....not a huge fan of the V6, but if it suits your needs, there is no real reason not to get it.

Mith_21

Reaction score
Bro today i saw the vehicle just only inspected by me but the vehicle is okay engine gear as from my driving experience and view it’s okay but he have removed the air suspension and installed standard and the special programs are not available so i asked y he told me its bcs he removed the suspension it that matter to be worried of anyways if i ak proceeding forward i will chek with computer and mechanical things lifting but i am worried about the sp prgrm not availbe wat will i do ?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a big point of contention among enthusiasts. Personally, I prefer the EAS and would not want a coil-converted vehicle; however, I do understand and appreciate the rationale for doing that conversion and in some cases it could make sense. It really just depends on what is important to you.

Mith_21

Reaction score
Thankyou bro ! Iam really greatfull for helping me out i happen to buy a vehicle v6 fully factory updated 195k km only driven 007 lr3. By gods grace its perfect and i want to know one more thing is it good to convert it into lr4

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA