Possible new owner in GA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad Miller

Reaction score
I’m sure there are tons of posts like this. I am looking for insight on purchasing a 2012 LR4 HSE with 145,000 miles. It’s a 1 owner with proper service history and no accidents/paint work. Condition is 8/10.

I’m asking advice on what to look for on an LR4 with this mileage? Any big milestone services or issues to be aware of? Thanks in advance for the help. Really hoping to become a member of the family.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Like all vehicles, proper maintenance and care can mean the difference between a good experience and a bad one.

I would recommend checking to make sure every option works, A/C and heat blow as needed, hopefully the airbags don't leak down. Drive it and listen for clunks or odd noises to make sure you don't have bad bushings or suspension issues. Check for pulsing brakes, if possible have a mechanic look it over. Or if you a crazy like I am, just get a great deal and wing it.

Brad Miller

Reaction score
Joey,

Thank you for the reply. I have a mechanic that I've schedule a UVI with. It is a good deal but as with most things in life you can have good or cheap, not both. I've learned about the air bags, ball joints/bushings, parking break issues (maybe that is an LR3 problem). Thanks for the suggestion about the brakes. Another thing I will look out for.

I have reached out to the service advisor at the dealership it was serviced at to get as many details as possible. I don't want to buy a headache but at the same time it's a good deal for a car I have lusted after for a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV